Types of Opportunities
- Career Missionary – Long-term commitment of 3+ years
- Apprentice – 2 months to 3 years
- Short-term ministry –2 months or less
Connections – Berlin, Germany
- Coffee Barista Make and serve drinks to customers, clean and maintain the coffee bar and kitchen area, engage in customer service and friendly conversation with the patrons.
- Children’s Programming Create community opportunities for children’s outreach, plan English story times.
- Book Collection Management and Member Relations Maintain the book collection software and member database, check books in and out, organize the bookshelves and maintain the collection.
- Community Outreach Foster relationships with the area churches and maintain relationships with all of the ministries that rent the Library, develop ideas for outreach to specific people groups.
- Promotions and Social Media Edit and maintain the website, Facebook page. Create new tools for promotions within the neighborhood and then throughout the city. Create regular updates for the members and maintain a regular event promotion policy.
Crossroads – Prague, Czech Republic
- Children’s Coordinator Plan and organize activities for kids including story hour, crafting afternoons, and music programs. Opportunities wtih English exist for outreach in the local public schools.
- Cataloging Help catalog and process books – this is a great opportunity for retired librarians!!
- Circulation Staff front desk including checking items in and out, processing reserves and maintaining shelf order.
- Café Operations With the second phase of library development there will be opportunities to serve in the café.
- English Education Provide English lessons and tutoring for youth and/or serve as a conversation partner with university students.
- Facilities Management Schedule use of meeting rooms, process facilities payment, and oversee arrangements for specific events.
- IT Specialist Troubleshoot, maintain and upgrade computers, install new software and help maintain the library network.
- Public Relations Design public relations pieces for various programs. Post events, book reviews, and other news on various forms of social media as well as the library website.
- Activities Coordinator Help coordinate regular events and activities for people of various ages and backgrounds. This would be at our main location as well as in other parts of the community.
- Young Adult Coordinator Focus on events for 18-30 year olds in the community. This would include events at our sites as well as in the community.
- Children and Youth Coordinator Focus on programs for school age children. This would include one-day learning programs, day camps and art and learning programs and more. This would be on site as well as programs for families in the community-including refugee families and more.
- Library Assistant Assist with the processing of books, cataloging of information and forming book clubs and literacy groups.
- Library and Site Director Help in the creation of new programs, day to day operations and expand growth to new sites and communities.
- Business Manager Oversee the daily business functions of our current site and future sites and projects.
- Mobile Library Coordinator/Driver Help with the expansion and growth in the city and neighboring cities. They would develop mobile centers and ways to distribute items into under-served areas.
Arab-American Learning Center – Sacramento, CA, USA
- Librarian An individual with library experience who can manage the operation of the library and has a heart for working with people from the Middle East (predominantly Afghans and Syrians).
- Library Assistants People who have a vision to design the library to reach out to the refugee community in Sacramento, CA to help them know Jesus. Will assist the Librarian in library operation.